We install beautiful fences.
We are the #1 rated fence installation company in the Livonia area by Google, Yelp, and the Better Business Bureau. We were also recognized as the best fence contractor of 2019 and one of the top 3 fence installation companies to hire in 2020!
Our Fence Products
Vinyl Fencing is currently the most popular selling type of fence. And for good reason. It is beautiful, has a lifetime product warranty, and is maintenance free. Available in privacy, semi-private and picket style!
Simtek fence products (now called Sherwood Fence and Allegheny Fence styles by CertainTeed) are the most beautiful and durable composite privacy fencing products available. Guaranteed to turn heads!
Ornamental aluminum fencing has the look of a wrought iron fence, without the problems of rusting. It can be used for a variety of purposes such as: swimming pool fencing, garden fencing, and of course, curb-appeal!
Wood fences are one of the most cost effective ways to obtain privacy for your yard. We offer both pressure treated and cedar wood options in full privacy, semi-privacy, and picket fence styles.
Chain link fence (also called cyclone fencing) is one of the earliest types of fencing installed that is still common today. It is perfect for containing children/pets, identifying property boundaries and for the security of homes, multifamily, and commercial properties.
Most Trusted Fence Company in Livonia
3 Reasons To Hire Paramount Fence
Paramount Fence provides peace of mind with manufacturers’ provided material warranties plus a three year labor warranty on all fence installations that we perform.
You can count on our expert crews to provide an exceptional fence installation experience backed by our class-leading labor warranty!
Our long list of awards and recognition, as well as our second-to-none customer reviews, are all the confidence you need to ensure that you are hiring the absolute best company for your fence project.
Are you ready for a FREE quote?
- It’s fast, easy and FREE!
- You’ll receive a link to enter your project details into our easy online Quick Estimator tool, and you’ll receive a quick general estimate RIGHT AWAY, even on evenings and weekends!
- If you like what you see, we’ll follow up during business hours to answer any questions you might have and schedule a site visit!
Fence Ordinances in Livonia Michigan
Below is a brief overview of the fence ordinances for Livonia Michigan. This is not a complete or definite list and should never be used in support of a dispute. Click here to review the complete document of codes and ordinances regarding fences in Livonia.
Fence Design & Height Requirements
- All common fence type are allowed in the city of Livonia. Such fence types include vinyl fencing, wood fencing, chain link fence (also called cyclone fencing), aluminum fence, and composite fences. You can install just about any fence style from these, including privacy fences, picket fences, and ornamental fences with some restrictions that are outlined in the location requirements below.
- The maximum height for privacy fences installed in Livonia is 6 feet tall and the maximum height for non-privacy fences installed in livonia (such as chain link, ornamental aluminum, etc.) is 4 feet tall unless otherwise approved by the city inspector and/or zoning board. One exception to this may be if your home is adjacent to a commercial property.
- The finished/smooth side of all fences installed in Livonia must face adjacent neighbors and cannot face your own property. This means that all supporting structures such as posts and rails must be positioned on your side of the fence and not the neighbors. Installing a fence that is identical on both sides such as a vinyl privacy fence or vinyl picket fence is one way to get around this ordinance.
- No residential fences in Livonia can contain any sharp objects such as barbed wire or any electrical charges. The only exception to this may be a low voltage invisible dog fence that is buried under ground.
Fence Location Requirements
- 6-ft tall privacy fences can be installed within your back yard but cannot extend beyond the rear corners of the house.
- A 4-ft tall non-privacy fence can extend up to the front corners of your home but not beyond the front corners of your home.
- If you are installing a fence along a property line that is shared with an adjacent neighbor, you must receive “neighbor approval” by having each neighbor (that is affected by the new fence) fill out and sign the city’s neighbor approval form. This can be found below in the permit requirements section. If you have a disgruntle neighbor that refuses to sign the neighbor approval form, it is likely that you will have to bring the fence project before the zoning board for approval.
- Corner lot properties can be a little tricky in the city of Livonia. This is because there are many different factors such as which way your home faces, which direction your neighbor’s homes face, which directions your garage(s) face, and how far from the side streets your property lines are located. In general, if you live on a corner lot, a non-privacy fence can be installed around your entire property as long as you keep it at least 1-ft away from the public sidewalk(s). Privacy fences typically cannot be installed beyond the front/side corners of your home and must be no taller than 5-ft tall along the street side. The exception to this is if you have a side door that is being fenced in, in which case you may be able to go beyond the front/side corners of the house but only with a 4-ft tall fence.
- In no situations can two (2) fences be placed alongside each other on a shared property line. If there is an existing fence along your property line and you would like to install a new fence, the existing fence must be removed prior to the installation of the new fence.
Fence Repairs in Livonia Michigan
Fence repairs in Livonia Michigan do not require a permit. This is assuming that the fence repair project is minor, does not consist of replacing a large portion of your total fence, and that you will not be changing the location, style, type, height, color, etc. of the existing fence. If any of these changes are going to be made, you must first obtain a fence permit.
Fence Permit Requirements in Livonia Michigan
The permit process at the city of Livonia is quite easy. You must bring all of the proper documents (listed below) to the building department and if a plan reviewer is readily available, most permits can receive a verbal approval immediately. A physical copy of the permit approval will then be mailed.
The fence permit fee for the city of Livonia is $85
Click Here to visit the official website for the city of Livonia Michigan
Use this link to download the Livonia fence permit application. This can be used by homeowners, fence companies and contractors alike. Fill out the application with details regarding your property and proposed fence. Once completely filled out and signed, turn it into the building department with the other required documents (listed below).
A mortgage survey or property survey IS NOT required, but is preferred by the city of Livonia. If you do not have a copy of this document, you can create your own site plan/project layout but it must be very details and include information like:
- property lines
- house/garage location on the property, proposed fence location
- proposed fence location in relation to distances from the streets (especially on a corner lot)
- existing fences or structures on the property
- location and direction of neighboring homes and garages
- proposed fence measurements, heights, styles, etc.
Use this link to download the Livonia neighbor approval form. If you have a neighboring property that shares a property line where you will be installing your fence, you must have that neighbor fill out this form and submit it with your permit application. Each sharing neighbor must fill out a form.
Livonia Michigan Building Department Info
The Livonia building department is where you will find information that you need in regards to having your new fence installed. Details regarding permits, ordinances, and property information can be obtained here. This is also where you will apply for your fence permit.
The Livonia city offices are located on the South side of Five Mile Rd., between Merriman Rd. and Farmington Rd. The building is located next door to the Livonia Public Library. Don’t forget to stop by Han-D-Dip Ice Cream (across the street) on your way out.