Below is a list of common questions that we receive from our customers. If you do not see the answer to your question, please Contact Us and we will be happy to answer your questions.
What is your showroom/mailing address?
Our showroom/office/mailing address is 23975 Research Dr. Farmington Hills, MI 48335.
Do you offer free estimates?
Yes. Our unique estimating process is fast, easy, and free. It allows us to review/measure your yard and prepare your estimate directly from our office, without the need to schedule a site visit or spend hours in your backyard. Click here to receive a free estimate.
Do you offer financing?
Yes, we do! We can help you break your fencing purchase into affordable, low monthly payments through our partnership with Enhancify. You can apply easily online and quickly get approved – click here to get started!
How soon can you install my fence?
Installation time-frames depend on the type of fence being installed as well as the time of season purchased.
Projects requiring permits and material fabrication typically take around 5 weeks to be ready for install. Projects not requiring permits and/or material fabrication can be started as soon as 2-4 weeks.
In the peak of the busy season, projects can take up-to 8+ weeks to be started. We will always be transparent about expected start dates.
How long will my fence installation take?
Most fence installations will be completed over the course of a week, consisting of 2-3 working days. These are usually non-consecutive working days to allow time for cement to cure.
Some exceptions to this would be custom size gates that will be ordered after the gate posts are installed and could extend the completion of your project by 2-3 weeks (temporary gates are available upon request during this period).
Do you price-match other fence companies or contractors?
We do not match lower prices. Our customers buy from us because they want the assurance of working with a trusted company and that they are going to receive quality materials and service.
When compared side-by-side with any fence company or contractor in Southeast Michigan; we have the best reviews, rating, products, warranty, and awards. Simply put, no fence company offers higher value than Paramount Fence.
What types of fences do you install?
We install a wide variety of fences that will suit the needs of both residential and commercial applications, including:
- Vinyl Fencing (aka pvc fencing)
- Composite fences (We are Michigan’s #1 Simtek dealer)
- Aluminum Fencing (aka wrought iron fence)
- Wood Fences (pressure treated and cedar)
- Chain link Fences (aka cyclone fencing)
What quality of material do you use?
We only use high quality material for all products that we carry. Details and specs on all of our products can be found by following the appropriate link on the product pages found in the “Products” tab of our website’s navigation menu or by clicking the links in the previous question.
What kind of workmanship warranty do you offer?
We offer a 3-year workmanship warranty on every fence that we install. Warranty not provided on repair projects.
Damaged products or hardware is not covered under our workmanship warranty, however, they may be covered under our manufacturer’s warranties.
What kind of product warranties do you offer?
We offer all standard manufacturer product warranties. This includes:
- vinyl fencing – lifetime warranty
- aluminum fence – lifetime warranty
- composite fence – 25 year warranty
- chain link fence – 12 year warranty
- wood fencing – no product warranty (wood may warp, split, or crack. This is not covered by a product warranty or workmanship warranty.)
Do you know where my property lines are?
You can refer to your mortgage survey or any other property survey for details on the exact location of your property line.
If you do not have either of these documents, one may be available through your mortgage company, local building department, or builder.
If you do not have access to a property survey, We can refer you to a surveyor that works with our customers. This service typically costs between $900 – $1500.
We will place your fence where instructed. If you provide a property survey to us, we will use that to determine the fence location along with your instruction/designation. We do not, however, reveal property markers during the installation unless a property survey is ordered through Paramount Fence.
Will you obtain a fence permit for my project?
Yes. We will apply for your permit after receiving all documents that are required by your local building department. Such documents may include:
- Mortgage survey
- Neighbor(s) signature forms
- Neighborhood association approval (you must obtain this)
- Signature notarization
We will not install your fence without a required permit, as that is an unethical practice; please do not ask.
Do you call ‘missdig’ to have underground utilities marked?
Yes. As part of our project planning, we will contact MissDig and have all underground utilities located and marked prior to beginning your installation.
This process does not take place until approximately one (1) week prior to your installation.
MissDig locate specialists DO NOT mark any personal utility lines that were not installed by the utility provider. Some examples of personal utility lines that are not marked by MissDig include:
- Electric line running from house to garage
- Gas line running to outdoor barbecue grill
- Low voltage electrical wiring to landscape devices
- Electric lines running to outdoor lighting
How deep do you set fence posts?
Typically 38”-42” deep. There are two important things that we consider when setting your fence posts in cement:
- Making sure we get below frost level to prevent your posts from heaving up during the winter
- Making sure we meet all local fence post ordinances
Are you ready for a FREE quote?
- It’s fast, easy and FREE!
- You’ll receive a link to enter your project details into our easy online Quick Estimator tool, and you’ll receive a quick general estimate RIGHT AWAY, even on evenings and weekends!
- If you like what you see, we’ll follow up during business hours to answer any questions you might have and schedule a site visit!